Dr. Marc Von Boemcken
Marc von Boemcken studied Politics, International Relations, Sociology and International Law at Lancaster University (UK) and graduated with an MA in 2002. In 2012 he was awarded a Dr. rer. pol. from the University of Duisburg-Essen.
Between 1996 and 1998, Marc von Boemcken was trained as a reserve officer in the German Armed Forces (armored infantry). In 2002 and 2003, he worked as a project assistant for Inwent-Capacity Building International (now GIZ).
At BICC he has been involved in a number of research and consultancy projects, since 2005 as a senior researcher and project leader. Among other things, he developed BICCs arms export country database and the Global Militarization Index (GMI). In 2010 and 2011 Marc completed field research in Timor-Lese, Liberia and Peru on the impact of private security companies on development-related factors.
Marc von Boemcken teaches security policy and peace and conflict research at the University of Bonn. Currently, he his co-editor of the annual German Peace Report (Friedensgutachen): www.friedensgutachten.de
Für weitere Informationen besuchen Sie bitte die Seite des BICC
- Sommersemester 2017: Islamistischer Terrorismus - Eine sicherheitspolitische Herausforderung
- Wintersemester 2017/2018: Kritische Sicherheitsforschung (VMIB)
- Wintersemester 2016/2017: Gewalt und soziale Ordnung im internationalen Vergleich (AIB I / IB)
- Wintersemester 2015/2016: Strategisches Denken. Aktuelle Gewaltkonflikte im Spiegel klassischer Kriegstheorien (AIB2 / WP)
- Sommersemester 2015: Politische Ökonomien der Gewalt (BMIB)